Broccolini is originated in Japan. It’s similar to a regular broccoli but with smaller florets and long thin stalks. It’s high in vitamin C, calcium, and promotes bone health. It’s great for sauteing, steaming, boiling and stir-frying.
Tofu and broccolini is a perfect pair – the sweet and sour sauce gave this dish an amazing flavor. So simple and easy to make but full of great flavors.
- 1 bunch of broccolini trimmed and cut into florets
- 4 blocks of tofu fried and cubed
- 8 oz. Bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Heat a pan with oil, add the broccolini and mushroom, stir to mix well, cook until the broccolini turns bright green, do not overcook. Add the sauce, stir, simmer for a minute. Serve immediately.
Recipe for the sauce:
- 1/4 cup low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 -inch size ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Harissa chili paste, you can buy this at Trader Joe's
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Combine all ingredients, use a whisk and stir to mix well.
Get your free eCookbook today!